Monday, April 4, 2011

March Results!

My initial goal for the March challenge was to write and post a haiku for each day of the month. The end results was to commit to a task daily, exercise my creative muscle and as a reflection of my daily life. I find that sometimes people, including myself, get caught up in the daily chores of life that we miss the beauty and tend to remember the banality.

There were some doubts going into this challenge. Would I forget to commit? Would I have anything to write about? Would I get distracted and fail to write? Was this a pointless challenge?


Challenge Result: PASSED

Analysis:

This challenge turned out much better/profitable than I had expected. While I found that I didn't write as much about my daily surroundings I did find that I now had a creative outlet that I had been missing to express various thoughts and feelings. Many of the haikus enabled me to vent frustrations and express those frustrations about myself, other people, certain relationships, work, among other things. It also enabled me to express my appreciation and love for friends and family. I've always loved metaphors, and being able to say things, I sometimes can't say directly. This may be a cop out, but its my tribute to them, most of the haikus were very personal, and unashamedly honest.

This challenge really enabled me to begin the blogging processes, and connect with others. One haiku was just adapted into a song, and another one might by another talented musician.

Stand out favorites for me include:
Reprise
Above & Below
Weapon of Choice (recently adapted into a song!)

Thank you to everyone that gave me feedback. You're critiques and appreciation are always welcome, appreciated, and respected.

No comments:

Post a Comment