Monday, March 14, 2011

Weapon of Choice

Born into battle
Raised to fight the enemy
An army so large

Lost sight of the prize
The enemy hit us hard
Beat knocked down punched up

It was time for me
To gather arms and fight back
They knew our weakness

I joined the campaign
Learned the way to victory
Ain't no stopping me

Battlegrounds were still
More soldiers came to fight too
I became relaxed

Put down my weapon
The enemy struck at night
My camp discovered

A wound won't kill you
Unless you fail to treat it
Where am I hurt?

I will not give up
Where is my weapon of choice
It will help me win

It is here somewhere
How could I lose my weapon
Knowing I'm in war

If not found I die
I can't withstand the attack
I must find it now

Not too late to use
Not too late to organize
Come back, not too late

Reload the weapon
Don't let it rust or jam up
My weapon of choice

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. Most appropriate and thought-provoking.

    ReplyDelete