Monday, May 2, 2011

May Challenge!

Monthly Challenge

For the month of May, I will be abstaining from beverages other than water. Which means for the month of May, I will not have the following items (just some of my favorite items):
  • Green Tea
  • Hendricks & Tonic
  • Old Fashioned
  • Jameson
  • Beer
  • Wine
  • Milk

Sounds easy? Try it with me then. I dare you. No coffee. Sorry soda-drinkers, put the can down.

During the month, I will attempt to keep the blog updated with obstacles I face, benefits to drinking more water, and maybe even a haiku, as I miss doing those.

After speaking with some friends about the challenge we've established that if it is customary in the United States to consume any questionable items with a spoon then it is okay. So, if I'm so inclined, soup and cereal would be fine. But if there is extra milk, cereal must be added. Whether or not a smoothies and shakes are also off limits was a subject of fun debate, but they are also banned.

If invited, I will still go to dinners, socials, and gatherings where various types of beverages are served, but during the month of May, I am drinking nothing but water.

Happy (Mimosa Free) Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Since during this challenge you mentioned how it is socially hard to pass up drinks, I thought of you when I saw this:

    http://summertomato.com/8-tips-for-drinking-less-without-your-friends-knowing/

    ReplyDelete